Friday, April 3, 2009

Rant, Rant, Rant and... Oooh a cookie!!!

After a long, soothing, relaxing, peaceful, tranquil, and not to mention lukewarm shower, I was greeted by what I feared the most. The chilling winter gust of the air conditioner that kept on blasting through the holes of the bathroom door. I hated this; furthermore, my parents are paying a five star hotel to do this.

Why does a hotel, especially a reputable one, has to freeze their suites? I mean it was not prescribed by us customers? My recent holiday trip was to the tropics, so I do not see the need to make their rooms well below zero degrees. I mean when I slid on the bed wearing shorts, it was like cold water spraying on my feet. Instead of watching Nicholas Cage dodging bullets in Gone in 60 seconds,

I was literally shivering to death. This was miles from what I expected from a five star hotel such as the one I stayed in.

Wait, I think you may be thinking this:

Hm.... I disagree, hotels make their rooms for hygienic purposes.

Well, to answer that question; I have a question: Aren't hotels are supposed to keep their rooms and their premises spit spot? So I really think that arctic atmosphered rooms are not a necessity.

The toddler signing off.

4 comments:

  1. Can't you control the temperature using a device named AC remote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how bloody long it takes to wait for the room the warm up.
    Open the window? Later insects would come in. It's Indonesia, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you can lower down the temperature.
    And of course cover your body with a thing called blanket..
    Insects?
    Did you stay on 1st floor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the 5th floor where the mosquitoes and flying bugs invade my privacy.

    ReplyDelete