Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family

Family is the people that always looks out for you. Your family would always support you no matter what state you are in. Your friends will not do as much as your family. Your family would go the extra mile just for you. So, given a choice between you and your family, pick your family.

Friends you can pick but family you were put there, like it or not. Friends would pass by but family would stay with you, guiding you the right path, showing you the ropes. You cannot have a best friend forever that is always there for you but your family would always stand firm next to you. This is the true meaning of family.

If you do not understand here is an example: A few years back, my mom was hospitalized in Singapore for 3 months. The first few weeks in the hospital, my mom's friends would visit her and give her some comfort and gifts. But those weeks turned into months and those 'friends' one by one did not show up regularly. It was only my grandmother and my family visiting her every single day for 3 months. Rain or shine, we would always be in the hospital looking after my ill mother.

Still unable to understand let me tell you yet another story: My grandfather had stroke. He is now forced to walk using a walking stick. Life was miserable for my grandfather. Sure the initial months after he was discharged from the hospital was filled with fun. My grandfather going out with his friends to parties and celebrations. But after a year, my grandfather was usually at home, watching old chinese movies. His friends rarely came to my grandfather's house and entertained him.

During times like this, your family is always here for you. Bringing a smile to your face, solving a tough problem, isn't it just great having a family?

4 comments:

  1. But, not all family will always guide U in the right part..
    Trust me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree but in general... you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, I agree with Diana, family members can be your best friend or your worst enemy. For example, if Bill Gates had overbearing strict parents, do you think they would have allowed him to drop out from Harvard to set up Microsoft?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Gates would still do it. Even if the parents threatened to take away the family name.

    ReplyDelete